Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 29

As we start to close up shop on this second to last day of Spiritual Spring Cleaning practice, it seems wise to go back to basics.

Here are Three Rules of Work that have been attributed to Einstein (or alternatively, have been written about Einstein's work by physicist John Wheeler.)

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.
2. From discord, find harmony.
3. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

These three are characteristics of the mind and commitments of the heart before they are actions of our hands. I find that such teachings are much more accessible to me when the primary experiences of silence, simplicity, prayer, and connection to the ground of being are regularly part of my life. Beyond any particular practice, thought or video of this past month, I hope that what this blog has provided you is a daily space for you to recenter, refocus, and then return to your life with greater clarity.

It certainly has done that for me. In the past month, I've finished a foundational course in Mindfulness training, begun a basic yoga practice designed to help further align my head, my heart, and my gut, and, fittingly, planted some significant seeds now that will bear fruit in some commitments I've made for the future.

Until tomorrow's final post...Peace.


1 comment:

  1. I have just returned from hearing Dr. Susan Brooks Thistlewaite, author, columnist and former President of Chicago Theological Seminary, give a talk about "American Religion and Politics in a Wired World." The three goals listed in today's blog fit right into her confidence in the myriad possibilities and imapact of the internet. Through social connection and through live images on sites like You Tube that capture irrefutabile truths (like the tortures at Abu Ghraib) and post them, it is possible to winnow out clutter and cut to the chase.

    ReplyDelete